Saturday, January 31, 2009

Emily's Elmo Birthday Extravaganza!

Its been a long day and I am pretty pooped. Today was Emily's first birthday party and it went FABULOUSLY! I'm so thrilled, I could not have imagined it going better. I have heard horror storied about kid's first birthdays being terrible, full of melt downs and tantrums, and I'll admit I was concerned. We had invited about 30 people. My parents flew in from Jersey and some of his family drove for western North Carolina where they live. My friends Mandi, Rae, Steph, Stevie, and Megan all came, each with their kids ranging from 10 months to 11 years. Tons of people! But Emily was thrilled! She knew the party was for her and she was here to perform. She played with everyone! She sat patiently and opened presents! She didn't even mind that her schedule was a bit off! I just couldn't be happier with how today turned out! And I am so thankful to everyone that came out and celebrated with us (and everyone that wished they could be here. To everyone in Jersey, we miss you!). Here are some pics from today. There are so much more, tons of opening presents and random ones of people at the party. But I'm going to keep it short and sweet (party because I am exhaughsted) and give you most of what you want...Emily eating cake!
Some fun decorations!
The beautiful birthday girl wearing her birthday shirt again!
My parents bought her this bag, which was a huge hit! I love it! It was big enough to put Emily in it, so of course we did! And she had a blast in it. Go figure.
We bought Emily this vacuum. She got so many wonderful gift from so many people. I can't thank you all enough! I just thought this picture was super cute!
The cake! It came out SO GOOD! I was so impressed. We got it done on base. And let me tell you, it was really yummy too (I'm going to get my self another piece when I am done with this blog)!!!
Blowing out her candles!
Here we go, down to what you were all waiting for....
This was just the begining, it gets so much worse from here...
My dad thought it would be a bright idea to smash the cake in her face, but since she was doing such a good job on her own, he didn't do it. Silly Grandpa.
I would like to introduce you to my daughter, the smurf. She immediatley hosed down after this final picture was taken.

It was a great day! But I am tired out! Off to grab one last piece of cake and then I'm hitting the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment