Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Emily Paige!

Yesterday was the big day! Emily turn ONE! When I went to get her out of her crib in the morning, I opened the door to her room singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of my lungs! She started jumping and screaming. She knew it was going to be a fun day all about her!Here she is in her Birthday Girl shirt! She will probably wear this again for her party, she looks so cute!
I love this picture of Antonio and I cooking. We had Hispanic Heritage night and made Tacos, Frijoles Negros, white rice, and platanos. Mmm, it was so good!
There are several reasons I am excited in this picture. The food was good. And my husband was cooking!
Hooray for Spanish food!!
Emily's Birthday cake! The before picture, of course!
We sang her happy birthday and she was all smiles. I had practiced the song with her a couple times that day, so she knew to get excited for it. She was all smiles during the song. She loved the candles too. But when Antonio went to help her blow out the candles she was PISSED. Look at her face, she was so angry that HE was blowing out HER candles. God forbid.
Now what you've all been waiting for. The first time Emily has ever had sugar, ever. Well, except for the time she accidentally got an oatmeal cookie off of the floor. She is worse than the dog I swear. Anyway, here she is testing it out.
So much sugar from just a little bite!!!!
Things quickly deteriorated. Let me tell you, she didn't miss a thing. The walls were covered, the floor was covered, even the dog's back had cake and frosting on it. Speaking of Amy, she didn't mind one bit! She licked up everything she could. Which I think is good thing, she hid a lot of the mess from me. My OCD would have been much worse. I knew we kept that dog around for something.
Here is Mandi and Maya! They stayed for all the festivities. Maya couldn't care less. She much more interested in the ceiling fans.
And after her first taste of sugar, she just couldn't get enough! She wanted MORE! I'm in serious trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment