Friday, May 1, 2009

While mommy's "away" the kiddos play

Technically, I wasn't "away." I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. Since Antonio had to work over night and couldn't get out of it, Mandi and Kristin were kind enough to come over and take care of me. Kristin drove me to and from the appointment, and Mandi stayed overnight to help me out. They were great I'm so happy and thankful I have awesome friends like them. Of course, Mandi brought Maya, and Emily didn't mind that mommy was out of commission too much because she had a playmate!

Maya just loved to watch Emily's every mood. Its like she taking in everything she is supposed to do and exactly how to do it! Though Maya is such a big girl already! She is scooting and sitting all on her own!

Here they are playing with Emily's table. Maya was doing pretty good unsupported, though she did wind up taking a bit of a spill, ending playtime for the moment. But no worries, they were right back at it again.
I'm feeling alright. I was actually feeling pretty great yesterday, but today it is hitting me a lot harder. I'm very out of it. But I was able to get down some rice soup from the Chinese place and thats made me feel a little better to have something in my stomach. Hopefully I'll be totally recovered and back to myself again soon!
A big thanks to Kristin for taking me, waiting for me, and some how getting me back home (because I don't remember a thing!). And I can't thank Mandi enough for coming over and being my nurse. You're the best and I don't know what I would do with out you (drugged or not).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vanessa!!! it was so wonderful to hear from you... I didn't know you had a blog too... I will certainly add it to my list... I am so glad that you have Amy walking now!!! really wished I could have done a lesson with you... hope you're feeling OK after having your teeth out.... I remeber having mine done.. not fun, but not the worst that could happen either... take care, pop on the blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you could just have a complication/drama free experience for once! I am sad, however, that there weren't any conversations with fictional characters. :)

    ReplyDelete