Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home in New Jersey!

We are finally at our home in New Jersey, all moved in, and unpacked! We left North Carolina a week ago tomorrow. We have fantastic friends down there that were so helpful to us last weekend with moving, I'm going to miss them all so much! The drive up to New Jersey was eventful. It included lots of traffic and Emily getting very car sick! I'll spare you the details, just know it was NOT pretty! We moved in Tuesday, of course with the help of family and friends, and spent the next few days getting settled! The house is set up for the most part. Today we got cable and internet, so after a long week it was time to update the blog! Here are some pictures of the new house!

This is living room. That is the front door and next to the book shelf in the left corner is where we have the TV.
Here is the rest of the living room. Amy is knocked out of course, and Hurricane Emily passed through.
Through the living room is the dinning room. The previous owners left us the dinning room set and the hutch! I love them, especially the hutch, and I'm so thrilled to have them!
The hutch! I'm so in love with it!
Straight through the dinning room is the kitchen. The fridge is built into the wall, so there is so much extra room! The door to the right leads to the back porch, and the porch leads to the deck and the garage. I tried to take a picture but it was too dark! Across from the back door is the door to the basement. Through the BIG basement you can get to the garage!
The rest of the kitchen.
Ok, next to the hutch in the kitchen is a doorway that leads to the hallway. On the left is Emily's room. In the middle is the bathroom and all the way down to the right is another bedroom we have set up as a playroom. This is Emily's bedroom. Its a Disney Princess theme. Her bedding is all princesses and we bought matching stickers for the walls! She loves it. I've caught her at naptime and in the morning "talking" the princesses!
Here is the bathroom. The toilet is to the right. On top of it we have a jar full of all the shells Emily collected at the beach in North Carolina that matches the shower curtain!
Emily's playroom. And its obvious Hurrincane Emily was here too. She loves this room and I'm so happy she does! She just sits on her princess sofa and plays plays plays. And I love it because for the most part the toys stay in one area. And I can just shut the door when I don't want to see the mess!
Back in the dinning room, to the right of the doorway that leads to the kitchen, is this door that leads to the 2 bedrooms upstairs. Hands down, this is my favorite thing about this house. They are beautiful.
The stairs that lead up to the bedrooms. They are super narrow and Antonio and I have both fell a few times, so its good that we kept Emily's room downstairs! Haha
Our bedroom is the room on the left. There is another room on the right that is pretty much the same size, and right now it is empty except for the few boxes I am hiding in there!
The rest of our bedroom, the closest and door. Ignore the clothes on the floor! This is our home and I absolutely love it! It really is a blessing that the other house fell through. I love this house so so much!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful!!! I am so exctied for you and so glad you're happy!!!

    ReplyDelete