Monday, April 20, 2009

New Jersey

Last week we were home in Jersey on leave. I actually was really looking forward to coming home and we left a day earlier than we were supposed to. We dropped Amy off Saturday at Animal House, which is like a doggy/hotel and spa (they told us she had a great time! The even let her go swimming in their doggy pool, but she wasn't at all impressed. She made lots of friends and I'm definitely going to bring her back the next time). Then we got up at 3 AM (I was a complete zombie), left at 3:30, and got to my parents at 12:30. Emily only slept in the car until 6, and then took a half hour nap, she was way over tired by the time the day wound down, poor kiddo.

Of course one of the first things Em did was find a box to sit in. Here she is, sitting with the dog toys. My mom eventually just gave her a laundry basket and she had a blast. I'm not buying her toys anymore.
But Aunt Nieves bought her a cool toy! Its Backpack, from Dora the Explorer!
It sings and has stuff inside. Emily loves it and keeps pressing the button for it to talk over and over and over and... (I'm not exactly the biggest fan, but it makes her happy! Haha).
Here is our beautiful niece, Isabella
This was the best picture I was able to get of Emily and Isabella together. That day, Thursday, we had taken the girls to Picture Place in the mall so they could get their pictures taken together. We got 2 really good ones, no thanks to Emily, who was more interest on what was going on around her than sitting still for a picture! Hopefully I can get those pictures on here soon!
After I went to the new outlets in Titon Falls with my mom and Jillian on Friday Antonio took me go see his bike at my Grandmothers house. More like made me. And then made me take a picture on it. That bike is huge and was hard for me to get on, I have no idea how he is going to ride it.
Here he is, sitting on the love of his life.
This is what my husband's beard looks like after 8 days. He had to shave it before we came back to base, and I was so happy he did!
Everyone came over on Saturday to see Emily (and me and Antonio, of course). Emily's cousin Lidia came too, and the "played" together. Mostly, they just sat next to each other and chewed on the same toys.
Emily was so interested in Lacey. She kept giving (and taking away) toys to Lidia. And when Lacey was crawling around, Emily kept bending over to look at Lidia's face! It should be pretty interesting when we come home again in June and they are both a lore more mobile!
We had a great time! I can't wait to come back again in June, even though Antonio won't be with us that time. Has another week until he has to go back to work and I am so happy for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment