Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Morehead City

Today Mandi, Maya, Emily and I went to Morehead City to see if we could see the ships leaving for another work up (Antonio is with them again). We also had alternative motives... Panera is in Morehead City, so of course after our stop at the beach we went and got some yummy lunch!Emily sitting down before we went on the beach. It was such a nice day, but there was a pretty strong breeze by the water!
We wrote in the sand, but I doubt Daddy saw it from all the way out at sea.
Mandi was the first to head to the water. Nuts.
Here are my feet in the water. It actually wasn't that bad! It felt pretty nice, but I wouldn't exactly go swimming just yet.
The water tower. Nothing too exciting.
Here is one of the ships on the MEU (if you click on the pictures it makes them bigger and easier to see). There are three ships, the USS Fort McHenry, the USS Bataan, and the USS Ponce. Antonio is on the Fort McHenry. I think this might be the USS Bataan, but I'm not sure.
The Fort McHenry? Could be! The third ship (the Ponce? Possibly) was still in the port. We saw it when were driving over the bridge, but I couldn't really get a picture when I was driving.
Maya in Emily's old sling. She LOVES it!
A great picture of Mandi and Maya.
Me and Emily on the beach! You can see the ships in the back. Emily was such a good kid today, and we had a great time!

1 comment: